Monday, January 1, 2018

January Mini Album Tutorials and Challenge

Happy New Year to each of you!  What an amazing finish to 2017 with so much inspiration from our participants, guest designers and design team.  It was wonderful to see each and every project and get to know some new faces.  If you haven't visited the December entries, do hop over and check them out.  Today we begin a new challenge with a fabulous sponsor, Lindy's Stamp Gang!



One lucky participant will win a generous $25 gift certificate to the Lindy's online shop.  :)  This month our team wows us with more inspiring albums.  Hop around to each blog for the full reveal and tutorial for each project.  

Anne

As another new year begins, my thoughts turned to Valentine's Day and I made a 4" square mini album from two sheets of paper and some fabulous Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts.


Astrid


My aim for the January challenge was to make something useful and also to use some of my endless collection of hoarded papers and other stash. So I created a desk top calendar album. Here are the cover and some of the inside pages. If you want to see the rest, please hop over to my blog.


Alison


As you probably know, words are a major part of my world, so I made myself a journal to collect thoughts, ideas, phrases and rhymes ready to play with.  I used the lovely leafy garland (by one of our sponsors, Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts) to create decorative masking detail on the inner pages, so do hop over to Words and Pictures to take a look inside.


Gloria

There is nothing quite like a blank journal to start the New Year! Blank pages are full of possibility! I created an 8 1/2" x 8 1/2" journal with lots of pages for writing notes and ideas. The canvas and beach theme makes me feel relaxed and serene. Visit Scraps of Life for all the details and a tutorial for creating this hidden spiral binding.



In the archive of my parents there are many old family photos. I decided to make an album for them. 

Autumn

I've been longing to compile an album filled with my favorite stamped images by PaperArtsy.  I worked through creating this progressive style flip fold album, with lots of shabby crackly details.  Visit me at SewPaperPaint for more.

I hope these peeks have sparked your imagination and you will pay the design team blogs a visit.  We welcome you to play along with our challenge, which ends at 11:55 pm EST on January 31.  Join us on January 7 for our December winners announcement.


Our challenge follows a few simple rules:
Any Handmade Book Goes.  Enter any form of handmade mini albums, scrapbooks, journals and book arts.  Our focus is on completed works, so no layouts or journal spreads that are not part of a complete handmade book project.  You do not have to provide a tutorial, but we wish you would.  Feel free to use one of the DT tutorials to make your project and give proper credit where due.

No back linking allowed.  
Please add our badge to your post and link to our challenge.  

Combine with any other challenges as applicable.  No limit on entries.  Share the love by visiting and commenting on other entries.  Please become a follower.  That's it - have fun!