Saturday, October 21, 2017

One Sheet Wonder Mini Album Tutorial by Li-bee-ti


Hi to all mini album makers, it's Libeeti here with a super quick and fun mini album, you can easily make in an hour or so, using one cardstock or designer paper and some DP and embellishments.  The size of this mini album is 5 1/8" x 3 7/8", and it can hold up to 15 small photos plus some journaling tags.  You can either make it as a mini album that stands for itself, or as an insert in a larger mini album, to document separate events or trips, etc.

For a long time I've been intrigued by the concept of 'One Sheet Wonder (OSW)' to make a mini album or an insert that holds a few photos, and I searched Pinterest for ideas.  There are many tutorials, with many variations of OSW, and I decided to use this tutorial by Claudia.  The measurements are in cm, so if you need the instructions to be in inches, you can use this tutorial, which has a table of measurements in inches.

I used papers from a very beautiful Graphic 45 collection - 'Portrait of a Lady'.  For the base I used 12x12 DP (these papers are so thick, and it's perfect for mini albums!) and for the decoration I've used some 8x8 papers, fabric flowers, lace flowers, eyelets and baker's twine.


My mini album is a little different from the original one, as I wantd it to hold more photos, so I did some flaps and pockets, and also made a booklet.  I could do it easily since the construction had gussets of 1/4".


You can see that I've added a small pocket on the outer part of the middle section:


And a little decoration I adhered partially, so it can hold a journaling tag and a small tag for date etc.


And the booklet:


A tip: when making a mini album based on folds and flaps, without a hinge, keep your embellishments in the inner part of the mini flat, otherwise you won't be able to close it properly.

You can close the mini album either with a ribbon (make sure to adhere it to the base before you decorate the front and back cover.  Another option is to use magnets to close the album (again, make sure to put the magnets before decoration the base.

You can see more closeups of my mini album on my blog HERE.  There are many other mini albums on my blog, so feel free to scroll through the 'mini albums' tab.  Thank you so much for inviting me to be your GD this month,
Libeeti
You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter