Sunday, April 1, 2018

April Mini Album Tutorials and Challenge

Happy Easter friends!  From all of us at Mini Album Makers, we wish you a blessed day.


March brought us a record number of entries and we are just so happy to see your works and visit your lovely blogs!  Make sure you visit the March challenge HERE to see all of the beautiful entries.  As we truck along through 2018, we launch a brand new challenge with a super sponsor, Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts.  One lucky winner will receive a bundle of laser cut chipboard elements!



Our team is working hard to provide you with an amazing variety of mini album tutorials for your inspiration.  Hop around to each designer's blog for the full reveal and tutorial.



I recently re-discovered my Geli plate and made many different prints. I decided to make a tag pocket wallet booklet to keep them in. If you want to see how I made the covers, put the pocket booklet together and see some of the prints and what I did to finish them, do come and visit me on my blog.


Nancy


Hi to all Mini Album Makers. Today I'm sharing a very simple bookbinding called piano hinge.  You're invited to stop by my blog Art-From-The-Heart for a step-by-step of this super easy binding.


Anne

Although I have made many journals in the last year or so, I have never made a Junk Journal, so I thought I would take the plunge and make one for the Mini Album Makers Challenge for April.  Please visit my blog if you would like to see more...


Gloria

I have created a beach-themed mini album using pretty paper form our sponsor, Graphic 45 and some pre-made tags and pockets that I found in my stash. To find out how, and to see how I crated this collage-style cover, visit my blog, Scraps of Life.


Alison


With limited supplies to hand, since I'm working away from home at the moment, I've gone with a simple accordion structure for this month's album.  If you'd like to see what unfolds on the inside, and what that deliciously textured cover is made from, do come and visit Words and Pictures.


Inna


Hello! ))  No, it's not a piece of cheese. This is a notebook. ))  If you want to know how I did it, then go to my blog. I have prepared for you a small video tutorial.


Autumn

My goal this month was to create a mini album design especially made with one 6x6" paper pad.  I have shared the steps along with an updated cloth cover tutorial at SewPaperPaint.

**********************************************

I hope these peeks have sparked your imagination and you will pay the design team blogs a visit.  We welcome you to play along with our challenge, which ends at 11:55 pm EST on April 30.  Join us on April 7 for our March winners announcement.


Our challenge follows a few simple rules:
Any Handmade Book Goes.  Enter any form of handmade mini albums, scrapbooks, journals and book arts.  Our focus is on completed works, so no layouts or journal spreads that are not part of a complete handmade book project.  You do not have to provide a tutorial, but we wish you would.  Feel free to use one of the DT tutorials to make your project and give proper credit where due.

No back linking allowed.
Please add our badge to your post and link to our challenge.



*NEW*
Submit your entries to our Facebook page for extra love.
Tag us @minialbummakers with your entries on Instagram for a repost.

Combine with any other challenges as applicable.  No limit on entries.  Permalinks only.  Share the love by visiting and commenting on other entries.  Please become a follower.  That's it - have fun!