This is a long tutorial with lots of measurements. I have made a video of the tutorial too. I hope you enjoy it.
Envelope punch board, 12 x 12 inches cardstocks, scissors, glue, a scoring board.
- For this take a square card stock measuring 10 3/4 x 10 3/4 inches.
- Make the first punch at 4 3/8, score, and second punch at 5 inches, score.
- You will not be able to score completely since the paper will hangover beyond the board. (Don't worry, that will be taken care of when we punch and score all sides. )
- Rotate the paper 180 degrees and score and punch on the opposite edge.
- Now reverse the cardstock and follow the same steps as above.
- Repeat on all four sides. Snip off all the corners.
- Fold and burnish all the creases.
- You have the main box envelope measuring 7 1/2 inches x 5 5/8 inches.
- For the two side envelopes, take two pieces of cardstock measuring 9 1/4 inches. Punch at 4 3/8 and score. Follow the scoreline, and punch and score on all four sides.
- Fold and burnish all the fold lines and you will have two side envelopes measuring 6 1/4 inches x 5 5/8 inches.
- Cut off one of the flaps from the 5 5/8 inches and attach it to the matching side flap of the box envelope.
- Repeat for the other side also. You will now have the album ready.
- You can decorate and add pages and pockets as you wish.
We always trim the pattern paper 1/8 inch less than the size of the card stock. But when you are decorating the triangular flaps of the envelope, the measurements are different.