Thursday, February 1, 2018

February Mini Album Tutorials and Challenge

Hello friends!  You continue to amaze us with your fabulous contributions to our challenge blog.  It was wonderful to see each and every project and get to know some new faces.  If you haven't visited the January entries, do hop over for a big dose of inspiration.  Today we begin a new challenge with a fabulous sponsor, Lindy's Stamp Gang!  One lucky participant will win a generous $25 gift certificate to the Lindy's online shop.  :) 



We hope you haven't missed our current giveaway, but please check out THIS post for more details on that.  The winner will be announced on Valentine's Day, February 14.


Our team wows us with more inspiring albums.  Hop around to each blog for the full reveal and tutorial for each project.  

Alison

I've a tiny springtime album for you this month... reflecting the tiny glimpses we sometimes get of spring at this time of year.  It's made from those paper packets you sometimes get with herbal teabags.  If you'd like to see the inside pages, do come and visit Words and Pictures.


Astrid

I created a techniques journal for this month's challenge. It is a fold out accordion with special sewn in pages for notes. To see some of the techniques I used and a tutorial on how to put an album like this together, just visit me on my blog.


Nancy

This album was so much fun and so easy to make thanks to one of Eileen Hull's Sizzix dies.  This one is the Passport die and I loved working with it.  Right up my alley with a travel theme!  Follow along with the step-by-step tutorial on my blog, Art From the Heart.


Gloria

I have created a sweet envelope recipe journal to share with you this month. There is lots of space for photos, journaling, recipe cards, and more! To see a full tutorial and more photos of the inside pages, visit my blog, Scraps of Life


I created a notebook in Behemian Boho style and recorded a video tutorial for you. Welcome to my blog. Subscribe to my YouTube channel.



I'm with Alison, longing for warmer days!  My darling husband and I just celebrated our 18th anniversary at the beach and I was inspired to use the new PaperArtsy E³ {Scrapcosy} collection to make this wee mixed media album.  Join me on my blog SewPaperPaint for all of the details.

**********************************************

I hope these peeks have sparked your imagination and you will pay the design team blogs a visit.  We welcome you to play along with our challenge, which ends at 11:55 pm EST on February 28.  Join us on February 7 for our January winners announcement.


Our challenge follows a few simple rules:
Any Handmade Book Goes.  Enter any form of handmade mini albums, scrapbooks, journals and book arts.  Our focus is on completed works, so no layouts or journal spreads that are not part of a complete handmade book project.  You do not have to provide a tutorial, but we wish you would.  Feel free to use one of the DT tutorials to make your project and give proper credit where due.

No back linking allowed.  
Please add our badge to your post and link to our challenge.  



*NEW* 
Submit your entries to our Facebook page for extra love.
Tag us @minialbummakers with your entries on Instagram for a repost.

Combine with any other challenges as applicable.  No limit on entries.  Share the love by visiting and commenting on other entries.  Please become a follower.  That's it - have fun!