Tuesday, May 1, 2018

May Mini Album Tutorials and Challenge

As we say farewell to April, our hearts are overflowing with thanks for the tremendous support you have given to our challenges thus far!  Make sure you visit the April challenge HERE to see all of the beautiful entries.  Sadly, today we are saying goodbye to DT member Gloria Stengel.  Gloria, thank you for your wonderful projects and support!  We wish you the very best.  That leads us to a Design Team Call...


I’m looking for a couple of makers (bloggers only) to share design team duties which include:
1. Creating one mini album per month (with options for months off).  One photo will be shown on the challenge post and a tutorial will be added to your personal blog.  Your project will be due by the 25th and posts will go live on the 1st of each month.
2. Rotating with other DT members to post one complete tutorial on challenge blog within the year.  You will add one photo on your personal blog and link to the tutorial on the challenge blog.
3. Commenting and supporting challenge entrants.
* The term is variable, though we request a one month notice before leaving the team.

Please email Autumn at teamclark@rocketmail.com with questions or applications.  Include your blog and social media links with a permalink to your favorite handmade book(s).  Please note this is a teaching blog and all projects, even if they are CASEd from another designer, must be tutorial based (photos or videos).  Applications will be taken through May 15.

As 2018 continues along, we launch a brand new challenge with a super sponsor, Lindy's Stamp Gang!  One lucky winner will receive a $25 voucher for the Lindy's website!




Our team is working hard to provide you with an amazing variety of mini album tutorials for your inspiration.  Hop around to each designer's blog for the full reveal and tutorial.


I designed an album with G45 Nature Sketchbook papers that will perfectly fit up to 26 4x6" photos.  Each envelope style page has a pull out that houses a double-sided photo mat.  Come and see how to make this brag book for your favorite photos at SewPaperPaint.



I recently returned from a trip to Australia and before I left made myself a little notebook to keep my memories in.  If you want to see how I made the cover and how I did the inside pages, there's a full tutorial on my blog.


Nancy


I adore file folders! There's so much you can do to alter and add pages to them. This month, that's just what I did with the one you see above.  Please visit my blog (Art-From-The-Heart) to see what & how.


Alison


I've been playing with some of the Lindy's Stamp Gang sprays to create the shimmering look on my Clockwork Notebook.  Do come and visit me at Words and Pictures to check out all the details in close-up and find out how I made it.

Anne

During a 'purge' of my craft room I found some chipboard ATC bases.  I used several Stencil Girl stencils and Lindy's Stamp Gang sprays to create my mini album.  You can see more on my blog.


Gloria

I have created a long and skinny mini album using Graphic 45 policy envelops and washi tape!  Every envelope contains a large tag!  To see how I constructed my album, visit my blog Scraps of Life.



Hi! I used Stencil Girl stencil, Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts chipboard and Lindy's Stamp Gang sprays and recorded a video tutorial for you. You can see more on my blog.

**********************************************

I hope these peeks have sparked your imagination and you will pay the design team blogs a visit plus play along with our challenge, which ends at 11:55 pm EST on May 31.  Join us on May 7 for our April winners announcement.


Our challenge follows a few simple rules:
Any Handmade Book Goes.  Enter any form of handmade mini albums, scrapbooks, journals and book arts.  Our focus is on completed works, so no layouts or journal spreads that are not part of a complete handmade book project.  You do not have to provide a tutorial, but we wish you would.  Feel free to use one of the DT tutorials to make your project and give proper credit where due.  No back linking allowed.  You must add our badge to your post and link to our challenge to be eligible to win the prize.  Combine with any other challenges as applicable.  No limit on entries.  Permalinks only and no back linking.  Share the love by visiting and commenting on other entries.  Please become a follower.  That's it - have fun!

* Make sure to add our badge to your post *
and link back to our challenge. 



*NEW*
Submit your entries to our Facebook page for extra love.
Tag us @minialbummakers with your entries on Instagram for a repost.

Please note: This is a public blog and by linking your project you agree to have your name, blog link and the creation you linked posted shown on this blog and other Mini Album Maker Challenge social media sites. If you do not agree to this, please do not join in the challenge. Also, remember that any comments and/or linked projects left on this blog will be visible/clickable by third parties as this blog is public.  We will not share your information willingly for any other purposes.  (This was posted to be in compliance with the new GDPR law that will soon become effective in the EU, and will also apply to blogs located in the US if blog visitors reside in the EU.)


You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter