Sunday, July 1, 2018

July Mini Album Tutorials and Challenge

First and most importantly today we say THANK YOU!  Again we reached a record number of entries in our June challenge.  Every single one was amazing and most inspiring!  Make sure to check out those beautiful projects HERE.  

As we begin a new challenge we wanted to remind you that any book in any style is welcome here at Mini Album Makers, so come on and join the fun.  This month we are pleased to offer a $25 gift certificate to Lindy's Stamp Gang to one lucky winner.



Our team is working hard to provide you with an amazing variety of mini album tutorials for your inspiration.  Hop around to each designer's blog for the full reveal and tutorial.

Jennie

I love going back to basics and have made a small concertina fold book with a cover to remind me of some inspirational quotes.  I have used embellishments dyed in a "tea-bath" both on the cover and inside.  Do join me on my blog for all the details and a tutorial for the mini book covers and inside pages.


Combining 3 of our generous sponsors in one mini was a blast! This mini began with Eileen Hull's Travel Journal and decorated with Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts and Seth Apter's Baked Textures. Hop over to my blog for all the details.



This month and I made a journal, using a new Wrapped Journal die by one of our Sponsors, Eileen Hull, along with some of my favourite paints and stamps.  You can see more on my blog here.



Today I would like to share with you my new tiny mixed media book, totally handmade.  It is just 4 cm big.  This is my first project for Mini Album Makers challenge blog, so I also prepared a very detailed photo tutorial on bookbinding for tiny books.  Bookbinding knowledge is essential for book artists, so I wanted to begin my DT work with this topic :)  Hopefully, you will find it useful.



I have fallen in love with sending and receiving snail mail, so I decided to make a correspondence folder. If you want to see how I made it and what's inside, please visit my blog.



This month I made a soft book. I used Lindy's MAGICAL POWDERS. I created a video tutorial for you on my blog.

I've got an altered art journal cover for you this month - a summertime combination of some of my favourite things to brighten up what was a very dull greyboard book.  Do come over to Words and Pictures to see the details.




I'm walking on the wild side this month, thinking of summer days, cool drinks and all things relaxation!  Come see how I made this super simple fabric wrapped spine album, embellished with Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts flourishes, over at SewPaperPaint.

**********************************************

I hope these peeks have sparked your imagination and you will pay the design team blogs a visit plus play along with our challenge, which ends at 11:55 pm EST on July 31.  Join us on July 7 for our June winners announcement.


Our challenge follows a few simple rules:
Any Handmade Book Goes.  Enter any form of handmade mini albums, scrapbooks, journals and book arts.  Our focus is on completed works, so no layouts or journal spreads that are not part of a complete handmade book project.  You do not have to provide a tutorial, but we wish you would.  Feel free to use one of the DT tutorials to make your project and give proper credit where due.  No back linking allowed.  You must add our badge to your post and link to our challenge to be eligible to win the prize.  Combine with any other challenges as applicable.  No limit on entries.  Permalinks only and no back linking.  Share the love by visiting and commenting on other entries.  Please become a follower.  That's it - have fun!

* Make sure to add our badge to your post *
and link back to our challenge. 



*NEW*
Submit your entries to our Facebook page for extra love.
Tag us @minialbummakers with your entries on Instagram for a repost.

Please note: This is a public blog and by linking your project you agree to have your name, blog link and the creation you linked shown on this blog and other Mini Album Maker Challenge social media sites. If you do not agree to this, please do not join in the challenge. Also, remember that any comments and/or linked projects left on this blog will be visible/clickable by third parties as this blog is public.  Email addresses are required for entry by InLinkz and accessible to this blog's moderators.  Your email address may be used to contact you regarding your entries.  We will not share your information willingly for any other purposes.  (This was posted to be in compliance with the new GDPR law that will soon become effective in the EU, and will also apply to blogs located in the US if blog visitors reside in the EU.)


You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter