Wednesday, August 1, 2018

August Mini Album Tutorials and Challenge

Happy August makers!  July has come and gone and our July Challenge has commenced with 40+ wonderful entries.  Every single book was amazing and inspiring!  Make sure to check out those beautiful projects HERE.   As we begin a new challenge we wanted to remind you that any book in any style is welcome here at Mini Album Makers, so come on and join the fun.  This month we are pleased to have Eileen Hull as our sponsor.  Eileen has generously offered a Journaling Cards - Hearts Die as this month's prize!


Eileen is a Sizzix signature designer.  Her passion for papercrafting has flooded the industry with incredible, innovative products that make papercrafting an ease and joy!  Find out more about Eileen and join her Facebook Fan Club today!




Our team works hard to provide you with an amazing variety of mini album tutorials for your inspiration.  Hop around to each designer's blog for the full reveal and tutorial.

Anne

Since Eileen Hull is our Sponsor for this month, I have used her new Wrapped Journal die, along my my favourite Tim Holtz fabric to create a journal.  You can see more HERE.


Nancy


This mini is using fabric for binding and leftover envelopes for pages with a twist on the hidden hinge binding system.  See details on my blog.



I have also used Eileen's Wrapped Journal Die this month to make an "Observations" journal  so that I can keep a track of my handspun wool and the items I knit with it. I wanted a tactile textile journal that could sit in my knitting basket and so I have used canvas and tea-dyed lace and ribbons in my vintage shabby style. For more details and a step by step on how I created this journal then please do join me over on my blog HERE.



I was in two minds about whether to show you the inside or the outside of the accordion tag book I've created this month.  It was made to commemorate sixty years of a very special friendship.  This simple, rustic exterior leads to summer garden delights on the inside, so I hope it will tempt you over to Words and Pictures to take a look. 



Dear friends! My project for this month is this mystic mixed media notebook "Druid". I recorded a video tutorial for you on how I made this beautiful face on the cover. In the video, I speak of two different air-hardening clays, silicon molds and show you the whole process of casting. This is my absolute first voice tutorial in English, so I am super nervous :-) See the video and all the additional pictures on my blog HERE.



Hello! I made a very simple velvet notebook with flowers. I wrote down for you step by step a video and invite to my blog.



I also used Eileen's new Wrap Journal die to create my Entomology journal, filled to the brim with Tim Holtz and vintage ephemera.  This little journal is busting with details, so please join me at SewPaperPaint for the closeups.  

**********************************************

I hope these peeks have sparked your imagination and you will pay the design team blogs a visit plus play along with our challenge, which ends at 11:55 pm EST on August 31.  Join us on August 7 for our July winners announcement.


Our challenge follows a few simple rules:
Any Handmade Book Goes.  Enter any form of handmade mini albums, scrapbooks, journals and book arts.  Our focus is on completed works, so no layouts or journal spreads that are not part of a complete handmade book project.  You do not have to provide a tutorial, but we wish you would.  Feel free to use one of the DT tutorials to make your project and give proper credit where due.  No back linking allowed.  You must add our badge to your post and link to our challenge to be eligible to win the prize.  Combine with any other challenges as applicable.  No limit on entries.  Permalinks only and no back linking.  Share the love by visiting and commenting on other entries.  Please become a follower.  That's it - have fun!

* Make sure to add our badge to your post *
and link back to our challenge. 



*NEW*
Submit your entries to our Facebook page for extra love.
Tag us @minialbummakers with your entries on Instagram for a repost.

Please note: This is a public blog and by linking your project you agree to have your name, blog link and the creation you linked shown on this blog and other Mini Album Maker Challenge social media sites. If you do not agree to this, please do not join in the challenge. Also, remember that any comments and/or linked projects left on this blog will be visible/clickable by third parties as this blog is public.  Email addresses are required for entry by InLinkz and accessible to this blog's moderators.  Your email address may be used to contact you regarding your entries.  We will not share your information willingly for any other purposes.  (This was posted to be in compliance with the new GDPR law that will soon become effective in the EU, and will also apply to blogs located in the US if blog visitors reside in the EU.)