Tuesday, May 21, 2019

Denim Friends Mini Album Tutorial by Kerstin

Welcome everyone! Kerstin Filou from Scrapbook Dreams here and I'm very thankful for this opportunity. It's a big honour to be invited here and I'm very happy about this. I'm a handicraft enthusiast with passion since my childhood, crafting makes me happy :-)!

It is a wonderful relaxation and balm for the soul, it's the little things in life that makes you happy and I love to share this joy and want to encourage my friends and all the others to try new ideas.

I'm a modern girl with a vintage heart and my projects are always a little bit magical, romantic and natural. My friends says: 'You are very diverse, but always in love with detail.' That's my motto, imagination knows no limits and there's always a story to tell.


I was inspired to create a mixed media album in denim look, washed out and not as neat, just like a really good pair of jeans. I have used some of my favorite collections for my mini album, the Denim & Friends and Denim & Girls collection. I am absolutely in love with the delicate blue colours and designs of this papers.



Basic materials:
Eileen Hull Journal die
Maja Design Paper collection: Denim and Friends, Denim and Girls
denim leftovers from an old jeans trousers

Want to see how they are made the greyboard cover?  Here I have some photos from the making.


1.  I started by applying a coat of white crackle paint (DecoArt) on the background
2.  I used a acrylic paint mixture of blue shades together with a Chalkboard Glimmer Mist (Boogie  Board- Tattered Angels) spray desired areas with water then drop Glimmer Mist onto the wet areas

3. + 4.  I applied Dimensional effects, a paintable texture paste from DecoArt using two stencils
5.  After drying I highlighted the dimensional effects with a metallic finish wax (Metallic Lustre 'Chanpagne Ice')
6.  I thought it would be a cool idea and very suitable to my theme 'Denim and Friends' when I used  origin denim fabric and so I created a sailboat with two leftovers from an old jeans, a wooden skewer works as sailing mast


 Album pages:








 





I really hope that I was able to inspire you!  Add something unique to your project that you like and never be afraid to try something new! There is so much inspiration shared on this fabulous blog each month and I hope I am able to contribute a little more for you today. Thank you very much!! 
Creative hugs from Kerstin xx
You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter